A long time ago, in a world of energy efficiency before the Empower Home Energy Tune-Up…
The cost of achieving energy savings for a homeowner was an expensive, time consuming process.
- Comprehensive Energy Audit($300-$500 cost to homeowner)
- Minimum 4 hours for an audit
- Long delays in getting results of audit
- Long list of improvements offered typically in the $10,000 range (not affordable for most homeowner’s)
- Long list of contractors you are responsible for vetting
Empower G&E threw out the old model, negotiated great rates for energy efficiency products and installation services, and is now helping homeowners save energy and a path to achieve savings of $300 to $1,000 per year – enough money back in your pocket to pay for the improvements in as little as two years.
We’ve Caught the Attention of the US DOE
The result of developing and rolling out this program caught the attention of the Department of Energy, specifically their Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program.
When Empower contacted the DOE about our product and process, they became interested in learning more of what Empower was doing for homeowners in Ohio. For many years, the DOE has been looking for ways to better serve homeowners in the US, and help them to better manage the cost of energy improvements. Once the DOE understood the Empower process both parties moved to a pilot phase to be able to offer homeowners a Home Performance with ENERGY STAR certificate for each installation of the Empower Home Energy Tune-up energy efficiency package. Empower is the first company in the US to offer the HPwES certificate in an aggregation program like the one in your community, and is working closely with the DOE to provide a solution for a staged upgrades approach for energy efficient improvements.
Both parties participate in monthly calls to report progress and refine an affordable solution for homeowners.
This project is a great example of how the private market and government agencies can work together to provide much needed solutions that can benefit every household in America in their quest of achieving energy efficiency.
Staged upgrades can help homeowners:
- Manage upfront costs and maximize energy savings
- Get greater energy savings from work homeowners are already planning
- Identify complementary measures to save money and achieve additional benefits (comfort, health, cost savings)
- Get on a path to whole home upgrades over time to achieve greater energy savings
Get your free Empower assessment by filling out the form to the right or calling 855-343-7884!
ENERGY STAR® is the simple choice for energy efficiency. Home Performance with ENERGY STAR is a systematic approach to improving energy efficiency and comfort in homes, while reducing the greenhouse gas emissions that contribute to climate change. Join the millions across America already making a difference at energystar.gov.